2. Home Group WA is committed to complying with Commonwealth legislation governing privacy of personal information by businesses and to protecting and safeguarding your privacy when you deal with us.
Collection of information
3. We consider some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be private or personal. Without these details, we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities. Such functions include:
3.1 providing clients with the products and services that they request;
3.2 providing relevant information to contractors to assist Home Group WA to provide the products and services that the client requests;
3.3 complying with any legal obligations, including dealing with local authorities; and
3.4 maintaining Home Group WA’s client relationships.
4. Home Group WA collects personal information including, but not limited to, name, address, date of birth, gender, martial status, occupation, contact details and limited financial information.
5. In particular, personal information is collected from people in the following situations by Home Group WA:
5.1 If you contact Home Group WA, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
5.2 When you submit your e-mail address to our website mailing list;
6. At or before the time the personal information is collected by us we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, the fact that you are able to gain access to the information held about you, the purpose of the collection, the type(s) of organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection of the information and the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
7. We may use or disclose personal information held about an individual for the primary purpose for which it is collected (eg. provision of our services, including administration of our services, notification to you about changes to our services, record-keeping following termination of our services to you and technical maintenance). We may also use such information for a purpose related to the primary purpose of collection and where it would reasonably be expected by you that we would use the information in such a way. We only disclose this information to persons outside our business in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection of the information.
8. In addition we are permitted to use or disclose personal information held about you:
8.1 Where you have consented to the use or disclosure;
8.2 Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious, immediate threat to someone’s health or safety or the public’s health or safety;
8.3 Where we reasonably suspect that unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in and the use or disclosure is a necessary part of our investigation or in reporting thematter to the relevant authorities;
8.4 Where such use or disclosure is required under or authorised by law (for example, to comply with a subpoena, a warrant or other order of a court or legal process);
8.5 Where we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for prevention, investigation, prosecution and punishment of crimes or wrongdoings or the preparation for, conduct of, proceedings before any court or tribunal or the implementation of the orders of a court or tribunal by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
9. Home Group WA may provide personal information to it’s solicitors, and to any related company entities including Home Finance WA.
10. Our website may contain links to other websites and those third party websites may collect personal information about you. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of websites that are linked to our website. Home Group WA encourages users to be aware when they leave the site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. If visitors do not want those companies to collect information about them, they should contact these companies directly.
Security and storage
11. Home Group WA places a great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers, clients and contractors. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control.
12. We de-identify or destroy personal information securely when no longer required by us.
13. Home Group WA retains the information you provide to us including possibly your contact and credit card details to enable us to verify transactions and customer details and to retain adequate records for legal and accounting purposes. We hold this information on secure servers in controlled facilities.
14. We only allow access to information stored within our computer systems by those entrusted with authority and computer network password sanctions.
15. We cannot guarantee data transmission over the Internet to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect users’ personal information, Home Group WA cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Home Group WA receives your transmission, it makes every effort to ensure its security on its systems.
16. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for keeping your passwords and/or account information secret. You should be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Access to and correction of personal information
17. Home Group WA is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, clients and website users.
18. You may request access to your personal information held by Home Group WA by making written request to Home Group WA at firstname.lastname@example.org
19. So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles, then we will give you access to that information.
20. We will correct inaccurate information upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information, we will only pass on the details to you if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
21. If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
23. We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you in accordance with the Commonwealth Privacy legislation. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure then you may request that an independent person (usually the Commonwealth Privacy Officer) investigate your complaint.
Transfer of information overseas
24. Pursuant to the Australian Privacy Principles, we may transfer personal information we have collected about you to overseas recipients.
25. In the event that we do transfer personal information to overseas recipients, those recipients are likely to be located in Singapore, Hong Kong, America.
Cookies & Automatic Collection of Anonymous Data
26. Home Group WA collects information from the site using “IP files”.
27. When you visit the Home Group WA site to read, browse or download information, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded. We will only use this information for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved online service. We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of Internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our website. We cannot identify you from this information and we only use it to assist us in providing an effective service on our website.
28. Home Group WA uses pixel tags and other methods to gather information about the emails it sends to registered website visitors and recipients of emails sent by Home Group WA’s website visitors to others. Pixel tags are tiny graphic files that are included in HTML-encoded email messages. When a recipient opens such a message in an HTML-capable email program, the recipient’s computer will access Home Group WA’s servers to retrieve the pixel tag file. This allows Home Group WA to record and store information such as an email address, date and time the recipient viewed the email message if the recipient’s email program is capable of receiving HTML and other logging information. Home Group WA uses this information to optimise delivery of future messages to specific recipients and to provide information to registered users with respect to emails they send through the Home Group WA system.
Unsolicited personal information
29. In the event that Home Group WA received unsolicited personal information, Home Group WA will as soon a practicable, but only if it is lawful and reasonable to do so, destroy the information or ensure the information is de-identified.
Alternatively, our contact address is:
Home Group WA
11 Delawney Street
Balcatta WA 6021
T: (08) 6241 4555
32. Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the Australian Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au
Unsubscribe Email Address
You can unsubscribe from digital communications (e.g. email) by simply following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication.